Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 14: Sukothai Historical Park

I completed an entire post, but it didn't save for some reason, so this one may be a tad short.

Today I visited Sukothai Historical Park. Amazing amazing ruins. As a kid I was a huge Indiana Jones fan. Climbing through these ruins made me feel as close to Indy as I've felt haha. The 13th century shrines and temples were incredibly well preserved given the length is of time sense. I could just imagine walking around the same stretch when these buildings were in their prime. It would have been a site to see for sure.

Tomorrow it is off to Chiang Mai for me. I'll probably explore it for three days. Maybe take a cooking class, go to an elephant park maybe. Then I'll likely head up to Pai. My visa expires in two weeks, so I have loads of time here in Northern Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment