Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Railey Lagoon

I am starting to catch back up to my blog...

Today I have been relaxing in the confines of my air conditioned hostel reading and catching up on pictures. I've also been looking for an app that will allow me to splice my 250 photos of the amazing sunset into a video. If anyone has suggestions for that, please let me know.

Yesterday I witnessed my first monkey attack... it appeared as though the monkey was alcoholic (see photo), and the poor bloke who got surrounded by the monkeys was carrying a beer. Add the two together, wa la, the Railey Beach resort monkeys are as alcoholic as they come in the monkey realm.

I also climbed to the top of the viewpoint yesterday. After a 15 minute jaunt up the hillside I was rewarded with the view you will see below! Quite spectular really. Following, I ventured deeper into the muddy jungle to the lagoon. Not sure it was worth it as it was an incredibly muddy and difficult climb down and back up. I had to do something active besides lounge on the beach all day and drink mai tais.

Lazy day today. I sadly had to leave my island paradise back to the mainland (Ton Sai beach is not an island just an isolated beach). Tomorrow, to koh phangan it is. My English friends from Ton Sai have told me beds may be hard to find for cheap this close the full moon party, but I will try no less and hope for the best.

My travel routes have been quite lucky. I have been the last person to catch the long tail boat both trips, thus being spared waiting 3 hours like the first guy to arrive wait. The boat drivers always wait for 10 passengers. How lucky I've been...

No comments:

Post a Comment